ponedeljek, 1. marec 2010

New media and society course - The reflection

I was given an assignment to write a blog, and it’s kind of weird, because I never thought that I would write one till now, for sure not in English. When I think about it, it’s somehow funny; I am a frequent user of several tools that are available via Internet – from simple e-mails, to Facebook, LinkedIn, forum sites, but blogging – not for me. Even if I am a journalist and I work for a local medium – doing online journalism, that includes videotaping and photographing. So here I am, trying to write something that will make sense. The first three meetings of the course of New media and society are behind us and I have to say, that if I thought myself as an frequent user of several Internet tools, now I know how wrong I was.

I’m looking forward to learn more about Internet, about tools and gadgets that can be found online and how is that affecting the society, audience and people’s everyday life. I’m interested also in online journalism and affect that it has on traditional journalism – at this point I have to say, that I graduated in journalism. I want to discover what is the future bringing to classical journalism and If the journalistic profession has any future at all. Several articles I read are not so optimistic about it and are talking about the end of journalism. Nevertheless during the course I would also like to learn something more about second life – the virtual society that I heard of but have no clue about it.

This is my reflection of the past week and I have to say that I’m interested in learning new things that will, so I hope, make my choice – what is going to be my thesis subject – easier. Who knows maybe I will be fascinated about certain theme that is going to be represented during this semester.

1 komentar:

  1. Very interesting topics. I'm looking forward reading this blog ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši